On Mar 28, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Christophe Dupriez wrote:

> But beware:
> 1) Standard JNDI Authentication and Realm Login Module does not
> implement recursive gathering of groups to which user belongs
> (groups of groups are not found)

Recursive Groups are bad, I'm sorry to see DSpace supporting this, I
did the same mistake in another app I designed and it was a big
nightmare once you attempt what your wanting to do.  If someone
proposed to drop  Recursive groups in 2.x I'd be totally on board.
The deviation from standard practices and the added complexity are
just not worth it. UI's and automation can be written to support
creating the appropriate groups and roles without such nesting.

> So my question: Does anyone has worked on using standard Tomcat
> authentication (JAAS or JNDI) instead of DSpace Authentication
> plugins?

No, but again, I'd support any attempt to do so.

-Mark

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Developer and Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology