Steve Thomas wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We're running 1.4.2.
>
> Our Author browse is producing an odd sequence of authors, e.g.
>
> Brown, Alfred Leonard
> Brown, Alice
> Brown, A. M.
> Brown, A. R.
> Brown-Augsburger, P.
>
> -- it looks very much like the sequence is ignoring punctuation (good)
> AND ignoring spaces (b. BAD).
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Is there a fix?

Hi,

I'm not particularly familiar with this situation. But if you want to
alter the way the sorting occurs, the best approach would be to apply
this patch:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1672065&group_id=19984&atid=319984

it is [almost] the same code that is part of the 1.5 release, and allows
you to define your own normalisation characteristics that will be used
for the sorting.

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com