-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark H. Wood
Sent: 05 August 2008 13:45
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Eclipse and Maven

Well, I have it working okay with Eclipse 3.2.1 and every last update I can
get Eclipse to swallow, but I spent so much time fighting with Eclipse and
the Maven plugin that I don't know what worked and what didn't.  I've
delicately hinted that I'd like to know what would help Gentoo upgrade to a
non-ancient version of Eclipse, but so far no response.

I have had better luck using the plugin to pull the projects from the
repository than I did fetching them out using SVN manually and then getting
Maven to adopt them.

When Eclipse suggests cleaning the workspace, that's good advice.  It
doesn't always make things perfect but it usually helps.

If you have multiple copies of DSpace in Eclipse at once, name each with a
unique classifier and BE SURE you put the classifier where it belongs in the
naming scheme.  I got it wrong once and spent way too much time watching
seemingly endless rebuild cycles and torrents of errors until I figured out
that the builder was mixing different working sets.  When I got that
straightened out, the builder stopped freaking out and I could get some work
done.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he means