That didn't work either; although it broke differently.  The URLEncoder.encode
method encodes the query in hex form, as "%22<query>%22" -- which shows up in
the hidden field as ""<query>"".  However, I then tried:

<%= (query==null ? "" : StringEscapeUtils.escapeHtml(query)) %>

That works.

Thanks,

Bill

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:28 AM, Graham Triggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In dspace-jspui-webapp/src/main/webapp/search/results.jsp, replace the line:
>
>           <input type="hidden" name="query" value="<%= query %>" />
>
> with
>
>           <input type="hidden" name="query" value="<%=
> URLEncoder.encode(query,"UTF-8") %>" />
>

> If you are using the overlay war [against the war distributed in the Maven
> repository], you can simply copy the entire search/results.jsp from the
> standard war, place it at the appropriate location in your overlay war
> source directory, and make the change there.

> On 31 Jul 2008, at 21:32, Susan Parham wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I didn't get a response to my message last week, so am hoping someone
>> will spot it if I re-post.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
>>
>> Susan

Bill Anderson
Software Developer
Digital Library Development