"7. Your 'localized' JSPs (those in jsp/local) now need to be maintained in the source directory. If you have locally modified JSPs in your [dspace]/jsp/local directory, you will need to merge the changes in the new 1.4.x versions into your locally modified ones. You can use the diff command to compare your JSPs against the 1.4.x
versions to do this."

What threw me was that the section on customizing your we interface (prior to 1.5) states to put things in /dspace/jsp/local

At 01:20 PM 8/25/2008, Palmquist, Larry E wrote:
See #7 under "3.4 Updating From 1.3.2 to 1.4.x" on p. 40 of
DSpace-1.5.1Beta1.pdf

Larry Palmquist
University of Kansas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of George
Kozak
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 12:14 PM
To: Dorothea Salo; dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Problem with headers/Footers

Dorothea:

OK...I now know that I have "lost it".  I could swear that at one
time the DSpace documentation told the user that they should no
longer use /dspace/local but make the modifications within the actual
JSP, but I have reviewed all of my documents from DSPace 1.2.2 to the
present and see that it says to use /dspace/local.  I guess this is a
perfect example of people seeing what they want see!
I have been doing this for at least 5 years...sheesh!

Fortunately, I am in the process of moving my dspace instance to a
new (and improved) server.  I will be able to fix this on the new
server.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

At 12:57 PM 8/25/2008, Dorothea Salo wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM, George Kozak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Dorothea and everyone...
> >
> > I guess I've been a bad boy.  Since Dspace 1.2, I have been actually
> > changing the JSP's and not using /jsp/local.  I thought at one point
> > we were told to no longer use /jsp/local...but I have been wrong
before ;-)

>Really? When/what/where did you hear this? That's something where we
>should probably have our story straight!
>
>If /jsp/local is still the thing to do, I suppose what you'd want to
>do is copy your /jsp to /jsp/local and put a fresh set of JSPs in
>/jsp. At that point you could do a diff to see which files are
>different, and discard any in /jsp/local that just copy from /jsp.
>
>Dorothea
>
>--
>Dorothea Salo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw
>University of Wisconsin
>Rm 218, Memorial Library
>(608) 262-5493

challenge
>Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
prizes
>Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world
>http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/

George Kozak
Coordinator