Hi all

My TIFF media filter (JPEG) appears to have stopped functioning for TIFF
images (.tif, .tiff). The images upload to dspace ok and are able to be
displayed, checksums are ok. But when running filter-media (-n) i get
errors of this sort:

ERROR filtering, skipping bitstream:
        Item Handle: 2123/2791
        Bundle Name: ORIGINAL
        File Size: 172700
        Checksum: c5b7f84b42345fdff3a08c2afff652eb (MD5)
        Asset Store: 0
java.lang.NullPointerException

This only happens for TIFF images and not JPEGs. Yes, I have installed
JAI Imaging API and JAI Image I/O tools. And, yes, it has worked for
hundreds of TIFF images up until last week. Tried running as dspace and
as root but same thing happens with both.

I don't seem to be able to find any further info other than the
NullPointerException given here. No idea why this has started happening
suddenly. Anyone else know about this or where/how I can get more info?

Thanks
Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer