Yes... and no.

There is no way of changing this behaviour without altering the DSpace
code (which you have access to).

To be strictly accurate, you would still have to write code to
accomplish this with 1.5 - the key difference is that you aren't forced
to alter the code that is shipped as DSpace (it can be written as
entirely new code), and that it should be easier to migrate that code to
a later release of DSpace in the future.

This step / code does create a license file/bundle on the item, and I'm
not sure how strictly that is enforced/assumed in the rest of the
system. But regardless, you would be strongly advised if making this
change to retain the code that attaches the license to the item - just
have it run without displaying the JSP form asking users to agree to it.

Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[NCI INFORMATION SYSTEMS] wrote:
> We would like to bypass the step in the online repository submission
> process that displays a screen where the User clicks on, “I Grant the
> License” (or “I Do Not Grant the License”).  Is this possible in DSpace
> 1.4.2?  I’ve noticed in the online help documentation where it says,
>
> **/“SUBMIT: License/**
>

> */top of submit
> <http://ldr.larc.nasa.gov/dspace/jsp/help/index.html#submit#submit>/*
>

> */top
> <http://ldr.larc.nasa.gov/dspace/jsp/help/index.html#contents#contents>/*
>
> */DSpace requires agreement to this non-exclusive distribution license
> before your item can appear on DSpace. Please read the license
> carefully. If you have any questions, please contact your DSpace
> Administrator
> <http://ldr.larc.nasa.gov/dspace/jsp/help/index.html#admin#admin>. “/*
>
> Does this mean that you cannot bypass this step due to the internal
> workings of DSpace?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sue

This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the
original intended recipient. BioMed Central Limited does not accept liability
for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly
made on behalf of BioMed Central Limited. No contracts may be concluded on
behalf of BioMed Central Limited by means of e-mail communication. BioMed
Central Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 3680030
Registered Office Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4LB
This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com