Hi all,

We have encountered a problem that is preventing us from moving to the
DSpace 1.5.1 with Manakin site that we have been working on this last
year, and I want to know if anyone else has ever encountered it.

What we are seeing is that the context specific list items that change
dynamically in the ds-options navigation area end up containing things
that shouldn't be there, or, sometimes lack things that should be there.

For example, administrative link options end up in that navigation bar
when the user logged in is not privileged. If a user chooses to follow
one of these links, they will get an insufficient privileges screen.

Other times, a user will get logged in, but when they navigate to other
pages, the navigation bar loses the profile, logout, and submission
links. Sometimes refreshing will correct the problem, sometimes it
won't. Sometimes they will mysteriously pick up the admin options, but
then they go away on the next page while navigating.

I see this behaviour with IE 7 and Firefox 2.0 on the PC, Safari and
Firefox on the Mac, etc.  If it were browser caching problems, I would
think it would be isolated to one combination.  I also see this if I am
going against my Linux/Tomcat development environment, and another
developer here sees it against their Windows/Tomcat environment.  I can
replicate this behavior with the default reference theme, and we have
not done any modifications to the core DSpace or XMLUI APIs. All our
work has been confined to the XSLT and CSS.

Given all that, surely someone else has seen this problem besides us?