Hi Rod,

To be honest, pg_dump and pg_restore (well, I use psql -f, same thing really)
is about as easy as it gets! Everything is preserved this way. You'll want a
copy of the DB lying around anyway in case the schema upgrade doesn't quite
work, so pg_dump is going to be required one way or another, and it's just as
much effort to type these two lines as it is to run two scripts..

I've done this on a number of systems and have had 0 problems just importing a
full SQL dump to a fresh DB, then upgrading schema to 1.5 using the tools
supplied.

Is there a particular reason you're wanting a separate script to do this? Ie.
Are there tables or data you *don't* want copied across?

Cheers,

Kim