Hi,

I also have bad experience of using postgresql under windows. It is less
stable than running in unix/linux.

I would suggest:

1. Look into your event log to discover why postgres could not start.
Then fix it accordingly.

2. If you cannot fix it, back up the data directory and then uninstall
postgres. Reinstall the SAME version of postgres again. When it starts
happily, copy the data directory back to replace the default one.

Regards,
Allen Lam.
HKU Hub Administrator, http://hub.hku.hk