On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:55:17PM +0530, Geetha Rao wrote:
>      Thanks for your quick reply. I have few more doubts regarding
> postgresql. Actually i have installed Postgresql 8.1.3. But recently i have
> noticed that Postgresql 7.3 is already present in my system. I think RedHat
> 9 defaulty gives postgresql 7.3. I have uploaded some articles Through UI in
> Dspace. Now, am unable to understand that which version of postgresql is
> Dspace using? Its whether postgresql 7.3 or Postgresql 8.1?
>
>        When i used the commands "*which psql*" , "*which pg_dump*". I got
> the following output:
>
> */usr/bin/psql*
> */usr/bin/pg_dump*

That only shows you the path that will be used if you don't specify a
path.  'which -a psql' should show you *all* of the paths on which
'psql' is found.  One of those paths should lead to version 8.1.3.

If you don't need that ancient Pg 7.3.2 it might be best to remove it.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.