Thanks Hayden for the reply.

I had added the context path for Dspace SWORD user like you've mentioned.
And, yes I am able to browse to both jspui and xmlui.

Another thing I noticed is that under

C:\Program Files\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\work\Catalina\localhost\sword
There is only a single file called SESSIONS.ser. I believe this must be what
Tomcat is attempting to deploy. All the other subdirectories like
[Tomcat]\work\Catalina\localhost\jspui or xmlui have whole bunch of various
files. How does your directory content under sword look like?

Tomcat logs two SEVERE errors in catalina.log file: (but I am not able to
figure out how to resolve them)
----

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
Feb 4, 2009 10:37:46 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Feb 4, 2009 10:37:46 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Context [/dspace-sword] startup failed due to previous errors
Feb 4, 2009 10:37:48 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR

INFO: Deploying web application archive sword-client.war
Feb 4, 2009 10:37:49 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Feb 4, 2009 10:37:49 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Feb 4, 2009 10:37:49 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/31  config=null
Feb 4, 2009 10:37:49 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 3594 ms
---

Thanks for any help.
-Deb