Seems I have had the same problem before.  Try reloading your page and
see if you are actually logged out.  I see a different version of this
problem.  When I sign in as administrator and click on "Communities and
Collections", then navigate to an Item page, there is initially no "Edit
item" box in the upper-right hand corner.  If I reload the page, the
"Edit item" box appears.  This problems occurs in 1.5.1 as well as
1.4.2.

Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton

ConITS Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
</></>Integrated Library Systems Application & Database Administrator

130 Research Drive

Hampton, VA  23666

Office: (757) 224-4074
Fax:    (757) 224-4001