Hi!

Welcome to the dspace-tech email list!

Which platform to use? To be honest, there isn’t very much difference. As long
as the platform can run java, then you’ll be fine. Here we run it using
Solaris, I develop on Windows and Mac, and used to run it on Linux. I’d
recommend choosing whichever platform (and if Linux, which distribution) you
are most used to working with. You will probably find it easier to choose an
option that gives you package management, as it can then install and configure
a lot of the pre-requisites for you such as Java, Tomcat, Postgres, maven, ant
etc.

In order to enable statistics, you must first run [dspace]/bin/stat-initial and
[dspace]/bin/stat-report-initial and then run the following scripts every night
(probably using a cron job):

-          [dspace]/bin/stat-general

-          [dspace]/bin/stat-monthly

-          [dspace]/bin/stat-report-general

-          [dspace]/bin/stat-repost-monthly

You can then view your statistics by logging in to your Dspace instance as an
administrator, and using the ‘Statistics’ link in the admin panel. If you want
the statistics to be viewable by everybody (not just administrators) then you
can set ‘report.public = true’ in [dspace]/config/dspace.cfg

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis

Digital Services Programmer

Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library

Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928

http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz <http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/> /