Hi folks

I recently ran a batch import on an image collection of ours which has a
number of characters w/ accents, umlauts, etc. within the titles and
athors' names.  Before I ran the batch import I did a search/replace on
all diacritics and replaced them w/ the appropriate html numbers (à
for example).  This worked fine for the import and they all seem to
displaying correctly in the browser, but the problem now is in the browse
by author link.  If an author has one of these characters in their name
and a user clicks on the name to retreive all works by this author, they
get the "no entries in index" error because the href value for that author
link is something like this: Ad%C3%A9la%C3%AF+de+Labille-Guiard.  Does
anyone know if there is a better way to work w/ diacritics to avoid this
problem?

Thanks

-Sarah Ryder
Web Development