Different platforms have different end-of-line conventions

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

<quote>
XML Stores New Line as LF

In Windows applications, a new line is normally stored as a pair of
characters: carriage return (CR) and line feed (LF). The character
pair bears some resemblance to the typewriter actions of setting a
new line. In Unix applications, a new line is normally stored as a LF
character. Macintosh applications use only a CR character to store a
new line.
</quote>

  http://www.w3schools.com/xmL/xml_syntax.asp

Under ms-windows, the write.exe application (aka WordPad) will
present LF terminated lines as you expect.

On 03/10/2009, at 11:29 PM, allen.dspace wrote:

> Hi Sina,
>
> There is no difficulty for win-dspace to process any well
> structured xml
> files, no matter they are created by linux or windows or mac or by
> hand.
>
> Allen Lam.
> HKU Hub Administrator, http://hub.hku.hk
>

> sina khankhajeh wrote:
>> Hi all
>> I was wondering if xml type files in dspace that are created in linux
>> would cause difficulty for running them for dspace in windows
>> best regards
>>
>> --
>> Sina Khankhajeh
>> ---