Stuart,

Thanks for the excellent pointer. The two settings I had to change were to add
the port number and trailing slash to my ldap.provider_url and take my
ldap.search_context up a level, allowing DSpace search down into both
containers. So, now I've got:

ldap.provider_url = ldap://dc1.rhodes.edu:389/

ldap.search_context = dc=rhodes,dc=edu

I'm still testing authentication from various users, but so far, it really
works well.

Assuming that I don't find any problems, I would like to provide a write-up for
others to follow, as Active Directory is so prevalent as an LDAP server but can
be a tricky beast. Sometimes, it is just helpful to know that someone else has
gotten it working, to give you the extra boost to keep trying.

Would this be something useful for the DSpace Wiki HOWTO page?

http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Category:HOWTO

Is the DSpace Wiki still utilized, or is something going to take its place in
the near-future?

Stacy