Van: Mark H. Wood [mailto:mw...@iupui.edu]
Verzonden: maandag 1 februari 2010 15:52
Aan: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Onderwerp: Re: [Dspace-tech] New to Dspace

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 12:18:28PM +0200, Imad Musleh wrote:
> Could we install dspace on 2 different servers ? One for the Database (which
> we prefer it to be ORACLE) and the other one for Apache and other things.

Yes, you should be able to do that.  I've done it using PostgreSQL.
You should only need to adjust the 'db.url' found in config/dspace.cfg
to point to the database server instead of 'localhost'.  So, if you
install DSpace on (let us say) ir.example.com, using a PostgreSQL
database named 'irdb', and your DBMS is running on dbms.example.com
then you might configure:

  db.url = jdbc:postgresql://dbms.example.com:5432/irdb

I've not yet used Oracle, so I hesitate to provide an example of that,
but if you are familiar with Oracle then you should be able to work
out the corresponding adjustments to db.url.  No other changes to
DSpace should be required.

Of course you need to ensure that your DBMS is configured to permit
access to the requested database from the requesting host using the
configured credentials (db.username, db.password), and that any
firewalls permit the packets to pass between the two hosts.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.