Hi Mohit,
     We've done quite a bit of this in the past few months and have found that
the easiest way to move/copy a dspace instance from one machine to the other is:

 1.  Copy/ftp both your /dspace and /dspace-source directories to the new
server.
 2.  Verify that all your software is installed on the new server:
    *   JAVA
    *   ANT
    *   PostgreSQL
    *   Maven (for later versions)
    *   Web server
    *   Anything else you'll need
 3.  Modify your dspace.cfg file settings for the new server.
 4.  Assemble and compile your application.
 5.  Deploy your web application.

Keep in mind this is just an overview of the steps required.  Follow the
detailed installation instructions for your version.

Hope this helps.
Sue