Thanks Dorothea,

> You found my favorite oldie bug! I'm guessing that item 1893/214 has been
> withdrawn or deleted.

I must admit, I didn't think to check, but having checked it now, I see that it
is actually a Collection homepage (as are the others that I checked from a
random sample) - not sure why it would be trying to access a Collection
homepage via browse-title . . . . ?

> 1.4.1 throws a fit when a crawler tries to browse a page that should begin
> with a withdrawn or deleted item.

- or a Community or Collection homepage! At least that explains the Internal
Server Errors (although it doesn't explain why it has just started happening
with such regularity).

> I've forgotten the fix (other than "upgrade to 1.4.2, in which the bug was
> squashed"),

I'm really hoping to upgrade to v1.6 later in the year, so we can limp along
until then, although I would ideally like to get googlebot behaving itself
better via robots.txt if I can.

> but it may make you feel better to know that this bug can *only* be caused by
> crawlers;
> a human being browsing your site will never encounter it.

Fab - it would be good to stop it though as it is filling my mailbox up with
Internal Server Error messages :)

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Developer
Centre for eLearning Development (CeLD)
3V3a, Cottrell
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk<mailto:michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk>
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.is.stir.ac.uk/celd/

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,