Hi,
     I tried replying to your email yesterday, but it bounced saying the email
address was invalid....?

Anyway, you need to edit your pg_hba.conf file in your postgresql installation
and entering a line that allows (trust) your ip address direct access to the
database via PGAdminIII.  Here is a snippet of our pg_hba.conf file:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local     all                     all
   trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host      all                     all         127.0.0.1/32
trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host      all                     all         ::1/128
trust
# Jeff, Sue, anyone else who needs direct access to the database
host      all                     all         123.123.123.12/32         trust
host      all                     all         123.123.123.26/32         trust
.
.
.
You'll need to add a line that looks like this:
Host     dspace              dspace  192.168.1.24               trust

After you save the file, you'll need to do a server configuration reload by
executing:
./your_postgres_installation_directory/bin/pg_ctl reload

Hope this helps,
Sue
Sue Walker-Thornton
ConITS Contract
NASA Langley Research Center
Integrated Library Systems ~ Developer/DBA
130 Research Drive
Hampton, VA  23666
Office: (757) 224-4074
Fax:    (757) 224-4001