I'll also comment you'll want to use the "dspace" CLI script to launch
executions rather than "dsrun" as the DSpace services framework need to be
started properly before updates happen to services.

Comment to the developers... We rather missed this in our architecture of
the new execution environment.  We may want to consider removing dsrun or
enabling a Main wrapper around it similar to the "dspace" shell runner so
that the Spring/Services frmaework is properly started.  An alternative
would be to make "dspace" more flexible to support passing Classnames
directly to it in the same manner as "dsrun".

Mark

2010/3/15 Claudia Jürgen <claudia.juer...@ub.tu-dortmund.de>

> Hello Karo,
>
> this is a discrepancy between code and documentation
> -n or --notification
> is the coded option
> whereas the option in the documentation is listed as:
> -n or --notify Kicks off the email alerting of the item(s) has(have) been
> imported
>
> As the other options use the verb form
> -a add etc. it will be best to correct the code rather than the docs.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Claudia Jürgen
>

> Am 15.03.2010 10:05, schrieb Karo Salminen:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> it seems like long form of notify option is not implemented in DSpace
>> 1.6.0. Here's the command and the error I got:
>>
>> sh-3.2$ /dspace/bin/dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport  --add
>> --notify --workflow --eperson dsp...@tester4-kktest.lib.helsinki.fi
>> --collection 123456789/6 --source /tmp/foo --mapfile /tmp/foo/mapfile
>> Exception in thread "main"
>> org.apache.commons.cli.UnrecognizedOptionException: Unrecognized option:
>> --notify
>>          at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.processOption(Parser.java:253)
>>          at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:170)
>>          at org.apache.commons.cli.Parser.parse(Parser.java:114)
>>          at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:163)
>>
>> No problems when importing with the short form "-n".

Mark R. Diggory
Head of U.S. Operations - @mire

http://www.atmire.com - Institutional Repository Solutions
http://www.togather.eu - Before getting together, get t...@ther