Stuart,

Great, I think that's ok for our situation.  So the configuration
variables for hostname/baseurl are only used when DSpace has to refer to
itself, like in e-mails.  What about links?  Our DSpace works on several
URLs right now (:80/ and :80/jspui via ProxyPass from Apache, and :8080
direct to Tomcat), but it's all for the same domain name.

I'm thinking we need to switch our DSpace (dspace.cfg) to the new
domain, swap the Apache VirtualHost so that the new domain is the main
one, and then make all requests for the old domain get 301'd via
mod_rewrite.

Thanks,

Alan