From: Jason Fowler [mailto:jfow...@sbts.edu]
Sent: 27 April 2010 03:08 AM
To: Mark Diggory
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] PDF viever

Mark,

Not exactly. I am suggesting embedding one viewer within the
item-summary-view-DIM, a viewer that shows up specifically for the PDF
mime type. It would be great to do it for those other for formats, but
as you point out, it's against Google's terms of service.

For what it's worth, I think you guys at @mire have a much, much better
solution. For institutions that cannot afford it, the DIY Google viewer
solution I suggested might be helpful.

I have you to thank for suggesting that approach to embedding objects,
by the way. I think you mentioned before that embedding videos using the
HTML5 video tag could be achieved in XMLUI using stylesheet
transformations. It was a great idea. There are all sorts of mime-type
specific things that can be embedded using stylesheets.

Jason Fowler, CA, MSLS
Archives and Special Collections Librarian
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Vice President, ALABI