Hi,

What I did here is as follows: (Provided that you have both instances
using 'dspace' as their database names)

1. Stop both instances.
2. Export database from 'Test' instance using 'pg_dump dspace >dspace.sql'
3. Transfer this database to the new box running 'Live' instance. You have
to empty the DSpace database of the 'Live' instance and then import the
database from 'Test' instance using 'psql dspace <dspace.sql'
If the name of the server running 'Test' instance is not the same as the
name of the server running 'Live' instance, you have to modify the handle
in the 'dspace.sql' using text editors with the capability of 'find and
replace' before importing the database data.  I normally use emacs.
4. Back to the box running 'Test' instance and tar all the files under
assetstore directory, transfer the tar file to the 'Live' box, untar it to
the assetstore directory of the 'Live' instance.

Please be noted that these have to be done using the same user that runs
DSpace instance.

Panyarak Ngamsritragul
Prince of Songkla University.

On Wed, 12 May 2010, RENTON Scott wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I have a dspace instance which has been set up as 'test', and I'm putting
> together a 'live' environment. There's quite a lot of data in test, but none
> of it has gone through the workflow to proper submission. Questions:
>
> 1) What would be the process for migrating the test assetstore into the live
> environment?
> 2) Would the non-processed material get migrated, or would it be wise to put
> it through submission first?
> 3) I notice that the URI for the uploaded item (.pdf or .doc generally) will
> contain the URL of the system. Is there a way to retrospectively change it
> from the test URL to the live, or should I tell the cataloguers they will
> need to re-load their items when we move systems?
> 4) I have been working off the standard handles (eg 123456789/n), and will
> apply for a proper one now. What's the process for retrospectively applying
> handles once the new one is obtained?
>
> Sorry, that's quite a lot for one mail
>
> Cheers
> Scott