Hi Tonny,

I've extended the UI on some of my local sites to show embargo status (to
admins) prominently at the top of item record pages.. you could probably use
org.dspace.embargo.EmbargoManager.getEmbargoDate(context, item)  and check for
a non-null result, but ultimately the best way is probably to extend
EmbargoManager with some good checker functions for use by UIs (rather than
CLI).

The thing to remember is that EmbargoManager only knows an item is embargoed by
checking for valid embargo lift date metadata, making sure the value is not in
the past, and checking item/bitstream authorization policies.
Checking the lift date is the key to identifying items under embargo. (but
could easily be susceptible to false positives if you have a lot of people
editing item metadata frequently)

Cheers,

Kim