All of a sudden it seems the documents stored in my dspace installation are
gone.  However, they only seem to be partially gone:

   - When I view the list of communities it still displays the correct
   number of articles (i.e. 4 items)
   - When I click on a community to view the collections it displays the
   correct number of articles
   - When I view the collection detail page it still says the correct number
   of articles at the top of the page.

But when I click to view a list of the items in the collection I get the
message:
"No Entries in Index

There are no entries in the index for Collection "My Collection". "

I've browsed through the asset store and everything appears to be there.
I've tried logging in as an admin and the items are still not viewable.  Why
all of a sudden can I not view the items in my collections?

Reading through the error displayed above I tried recreating the index but I
ran into this error message:

# ./index-update
Creating browse index
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
        at
org.dspace.core.Context.turnOffAuthorisationSystem(Context.java:220)
        at org.dspace.browse.IndexBrowse.main(IndexBrowse.java:617)
Creating search index

Could this be the cause of the problem? if so, what exactly is wrong and how
do I fix it?

Thanks for your help.