Good morning,

My name is Bruno and I work for the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais -
UFMG. We have been using DSpace for nearly five years and now we are
planning to
upgrade from version 1.5.2 to version 1.6.2.

Here are the steps I followed in order to do the upgrade:

1 - I ran the script named database_schema_15-16.sql on an 1.5.2 database.
The script executed without any error messages;
2 - I dumped the modified 1.5.2 database which now should be compatible with
a 1.6.2. database;
3 - I tried to import the dumped database on a 1.6.2 database. At this time
I got error messages like this:

06:53:05 [INSERT - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] [Error Code: 0, SQL State: 22P02]
ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "Alfredo Luis Mateus"
Posição: 35
... 1 statement(s) executed, 0 row(s) affected, exec/fetch time: 0.000/0.000
sec [0 successful, 0 warnings, 1 errors]

As one can see the INSERT command was expecting an INTEGER value but
received a TEXT one. The expected INTEGER value would be for the distinct_id
column but this column does not exist in the bi_2_dis table nor in the
bi_4_dis table. I took a look at the script code and noticed that it does
not include the columns distinct_id and authority in the bi_2_dis and
bi_4_dis tables.

Here is how I am planning the fix the problem:

1 - Alter the script so that it creates the missing columns distinct_id and
authority in the bi_2_dmap and bi_4_dmap tables;
2 - Alter the bi_2_dmap table so that the foreign key constraint (I am not
sure about the constraint's name now but I will check it later) which is
based on the distinct_id column refers to the distinct_id column instead of
the id column from the bi_2_dis table;
3 - Repeat the above step for the bi_4_dmap and bi_4_dis tables;
4 - Create a script to fill the distinct_id column with the value from the
id column so that I have the same value on both columns.

Can I fix the problem by the following these steps?

I thank you very much in advance,

Bruno Carvalho