On 13 July 2010 23:16, Kurzenberger, Eric <eric.kurzenber...@yale.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After upgrading my Dspace installation from 1.5 to 1.6.2, I’m getting 404
> errors when attempting to access the XMLUI interface, which I have set as the
> default in dspace.cfg (I’m still able to access the JSPUI interface).  I
> followed the upgrade instructions in the Dspace manual, including copying the
> /dspace/webapps to the tomcat directory, and got no errors, and I’ve
> confirmed the dspace user is the owner of /dspace.
>
> I did notice that the /dspace/config/dspace.cfg file looks like the one from
> the older version, but when I tried replacing it with a dspace.cfg file for
> 1.6.2 with our custom settings, I got the same 404 errors.

Hi Eric

Have you defined an XML context path in your
/var/lib/<tomcat_version>/conf/server.xml?

For example, mine contains the following:

        <!-- DEFINE A CONTEXT PATH FOR DSpace XML User Interface  -->
        <Context path="/xmlui" docBase="/dspace/webapps/xmlui" debug="0"
        reloadable="true" cachingAllowed="false"
        allowLinking="true"/>

        <!-- DEFINE A CONTEXT PATH FOR DSpace JSP User Interface  -->
        <Context path="/jspui" docBase="/dspace/webapps/jspui" debug="0"
        reloadable="true" cachingAllowed="false"
        allowLinking="true"/>

        <!-- DEFINE A CONTEXT PATH FOR DSpace OAI User Interface  -->
        <Context path="/oai" docBase="/dspace/webapps/oai" debug="0"
        reloadable="true" cachingAllowed="false"
        allowLinking="true"/>

        <!-- DEFINE A CONTEXT PATH FOR DSpace SOLR Interface  -->
        <Context path="/solr" docBase="/dspace/webapps/solr" debug="0"
       reloadable="true" cachingAllowed="false"
       allowLinking="true"/>

(And you do need to update your config files -- there are differences
between 1.5 and 1.6.)

Sean
--
Sean Carte