Hello Harsha,

in order to customize this message catalogue the best practice is to use
an overlay, copy Messages.properties to
[dspace-src]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/resources
and edit the copied version. Then run mvn package and ant update and
redeploy your application.

There is an option for mvn "-o" in order to work offline.
If you got all the dependencies in your local maven repository you can
use this option.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen

Am 07.09.2010 08:31, schrieb Harsha Balasooriya:
> I kind expect help  me to correct these problems as I work more that 2 days
> on same matter
>
>     - Configuretion: Dspace: 1.6.1
>     - Tomcat:apache-tomcat-6.0.29
>     - OS: CentOS 4
>     - Ant: ant-1.8.1
>
> * **Message.properties location*
>

>     1. /usr/dspace-1.6.1/dspace-api/src/main/resources/Messages.properties
>     2. /usr/dspace-1.6.1/dspace-api/target/classes/Messages.properties
>

> I have add  follwing line to above file 1 and 2
>
>   itemlist.dc.subject.* =Subject
>
> and restart the tomcat, but still the browse list header  appears as this
>

> ??? itemlist.dc.subject.*???
>
> Please help me!
>
> Harsha Balasooriya
> Assistant Librarian, systems