On 5 October 2010 19:17, Sands Alden Fish <sa...@mit.edu> wrote:

> What resources were leaking here exactly?  Leaking resources across
> requests can have some serious consequences depending on the resources, and
> I'm curious to know exactly what type of errant behavior we could expect
> from a 1.6.x version running the flawed services framework.

I would say that the ability to leak resource across requests is more
theoretical than demonstrated in a real world scenario. By which I mean that
it's clearly demonstrated that the Caching service has the ability to store
data either at the wrong scope, or to have request scope caches that
actually get bound / re-bound to a later, different, request - however, I
haven't exercised a full DSpace application in such a way to observe this
happening.

But even if the application wouldn't normally run into an issue, that
doesn't mean we shouldn't tighten up it's behaviour to prevent it from
becoming an issue later.