Hi Martin,

It seems as though there is still an old (version 1.3) java.exe sitting in
one of your paths (eg: C:\windows\system32), and this is the version of the
JRE that's being called from 'dspace' rather than your 1.6 version.

>From a command prompt, if you run "java -version", what version is reported?

The "dspace" script/batch file will try to use whichever java.exe it can
find first when searching %PATH% -- to ensure that the same version of Java
is used for everything, I'd recommend you update your %PATH% so that only
your 1.6 executables are found.

Note: We should probably test for %JAVA_HOME% (as we do with the web
applications) and use that version first, and just fall back on %PATH%
afterwards. If you are having trouble changing your %PATH%, or you have
other reasons for needing 1.3 version executables in there, reply to the
list and I'll send an updated dspace.bat that first checks %JAVA_HOME%

(Tomcat uses %JAVA_HOME%, which is why the web applications themselves are
working OK)

Cheers,

Kim