I have done some digging, and feel that I have resolved all but one issue.

The remaining point has to do with blank rows that show up under "Top
city views".  In every case, the number of hits reported on this blank
line matches the number of hits shown for "Unknown Country" under "Top
country views."  I am not a programmer, but after looking at
LocationUtils.java, I see that i18n messages are being pulled for
unknown-country and unknown-continent, but not for unknown-city
(805-821):

http://scm.dspace.org/trac/dspace/browser/dspace/trunk/dspace-stats/src/main/java/org/dspace/statistics/util/LocationUtils.java

In fact, there doesn't seem to be any code that deals with
unknown-city, and there is no entry for it in Messages.properties.

I found a few other sites that have the same problem, though most do
not.  Here is one example:

http://si-pddr.si.edu/dspace/displaystats?handle=10088/6582

Which is very similar to what I get here:

http://dspace0.lafayette.edu/handle/10385/516/statistics

Could someone who is more of a programmer than me determine if this is
related to the following bug reported back in March?

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-509

Eric