Mark,

Aha. Now I understand. This is a reported issue with 1.6.2:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-678

I'd encourage you to add your additional comments to that issue, and/or
'vote' for that issue.  Unfortunately this is a "known issue" at this
time (and still exists in 1.7.0). We need to find a developer to work on
this issue and provide a patch which resolves it.

- Tim