Hi,

[I'm on Digest and need to fix this as a matter of urgency, so please cc me in
any reply :-) ]

I'm trying to import converted log files into SOLR (prior to going live with
v1.6.2 tomorrow morning!) but have hit a snag.

I did run this successfully a couple of months ago during set up and testing
but was only running with Tomcat then and have since added Apache. I also
deleted everything from the dspace/solr/statistics/data directory before doing
this (hope that didn't break anything?) as I originally tested with a sample of
old log files, but now want to start from scratch using all the log files
copied over from my current live server.

When I run "stats-log-importer" (as the "tomcat" user that DSpace runs under) I
get a Not Found error:

$ /usr/local/dspace/bin/dspace stats-log-importer -v -i
/usr/local/dspace/converted-logs/dspace-conv.log -m
Writing to solr server at: http://localhost/solr/statistics
dspace-conv.log.153
Processing file: /usr/local/dspace/converted-logs/dspace-conv.log.153
Line:20101012110752608,view_bitstream,1156,2010-10-12T11:07:52,anonymous,193.62.3.251
ip addr = 193.62.3.251, dns name = partyboy.edgehill.ac.uk., country = United
Kingdom, city = Hill
Not Found

Not Found

request: http://localhost/solr/statistics/update?wt=javabin&version=2.2
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Not Found

Not Found

request: http://localhost/solr/statistics/update?wt=javabin&version=2.2
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:343)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:183)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.UpdateRequest.process(UpdateRequest.java:217)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:63)
        at
org.dspace.statistics.util.StatisticsImporter.load(StatisticsImporter.java:363)
        at
org.dspace.statistics.util.StatisticsImporter.main(StatisticsImporter.java:495)
        at
        at
        at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:212)
Processed 1 log lines
 - 0 entries added to solr: 0%
 - 1 errors: 100%
 - 0 search engine activity skipped: 0%
About to commit data to solr...Exception: Not Found

Not Found

request: http://localhost/solr/statistics/update
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Not Found

Not Found

request: http://localhost/solr/statistics/update
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:343)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:183)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.UpdateRequest.process(UpdateRequest.java:217)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.commit(SolrServer.java:85)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.commit(SolrServer.java:74)
        at
org.dspace.statistics.util.StatisticsImporter.load(StatisticsImporter.java:389)
        at
org.dspace.statistics.util.StatisticsImporter.main(StatisticsImporter.java:495)
        at
        at
        at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:212)

SOLR appears to be accessible via localhost - if I "curl
http://localhost/solr/"; from the command line, it dumps back HTML that looks
like what I'd expect . .

I've checked permissions on the various directories involved and they all seem
OK.

I desperately need to get this working so if anyone has any
suggestions/pointers etc, they would be more than welcome as I've run out of
ideas . . .

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Developer
eLearning Liaison & Development (eLD)
3V3a, Cottrell
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.is.stir.ac.uk/aboutis/teams/aldt/eld.php

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,