sure there exist syntax error
in the code. Does dspace has a limit on the dropdown values.

I wonder if someone assists me
*Dspace.cfg dc.cplace.country at webui.itemdisplay.default
*metadata.dc.cplace.country  at Messages.properties file
*I just add the  field to the metadata registry
(cplace(Element),country(Qualifier)
Here is my entry in input-forms.xml:

          <field>
         <dc-schema>dc</dc-schema>
         <dc-element>cplace</dc-element>
         <dc-qualifier>country</dc-qualifier>
         <repeatable>true</repeatable>
         <label>ILRI Country Focus</label>
         <input-type
value-pairs-name="countrylist">dropdown</input-type>
         <hint>Enter a country or Countries</hint>
         <required></required>
         </field>

   <value-pairs value-pairs-name="countrylist" dc-term="cplace_country">

          <pair>
       <displayed-value>AFGHANISTAN</displayed-value>
       <stored-value>AFGHANISTAN</stored-value>
     </pair>

          <pair>
       <displayed-value>ALBANIA</displayed-value>
       <stored-value>ALBANIA</stored-value>
     </pair>

          <pair>
       <displayed-value>ALGERIA</displayed-value>
       <stored-value>ALGERIA</stored-value>
     </pair>

   </value-pairs>

    </form-value-pairs>