Hi Michael,

Certain modern browsers can be have files <embed>ed into the page.
http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfdevjunkie/2007/08/using_the_html_embed_tag_to_di.html

You can also look at using Google Docs Viewer
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Document+Preview+with+Google+Docs+viewer

There is also an add-on called Document Streaming that will allow you to
embed the document into your page
http://www.dspace.org/addons/#document -- http://atmire.com/docstreaming.php

We need our documents to always be displayed within a standard template that
> displays our institutions term's of use information in-line with the
> document. This isn't so much of an issue if the document is opened from the
> item record, but is very important if the document is opened directly from a
> search engine.

I think Google will typically still link directly to the PDF (if thats the
most relevant hit for the query).

It might be worth experimenting with some type of redirect where requests
directly for the PDF, from referrer of Google will get the item page in your
repository with the PDF already open/embedded.

Peter Dietz

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Allsopp, Michael <michael.alls...@leg.bc.ca