Hi

I had a similar problem and it turned out I still had custom metadata hanging around in one my records.

You could dump your metadata out of DSpace and search the exported metadata to check that all your custom field values have been deleted.

ItemExport is a good tool for exporting from the command line:

/path/to/dspace/bin/dspace dsrun org.dspace.app.itemexport.ItemExport -h

or you can export from the DSpace UI by selecting a collection then selecting export metadata from the context menu.

There's also a batch editing tool by Stuart Lewis floating around as well which (I think) allows you to edit metadata from a CSV file.

Cheers

Hayden