From: Mark Diggory <mdigg...@atmire.com<mailto:mdigg...@atmire.com>>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:12:54 -0700
To: Nathan Seaton
<nathan.sea...@owensboro.kyschools.us<mailto:nathan.sea...@owensboro.kyschools.us>>
Cc:
"dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>"
<dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Hierarchical Dropdown box for Input-Forms

Nathan,

Have a look at the Controlled vocabularies in the current DSpace
release, formatting your hierarchical vocabulary as an xml file in the
appropriate format and enabling it in input-forms.xml will give you an
ability to populate a separate popup window with the hierarchy you are
suggesting.  While this is not a hierarchical term completion via the
new Authority Control, it will support your use case.

Best Regards,
Mark Diggory

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Seaton, Nathan - OPS District
Computer Technician
<nathan.sea...@owensboro.kyschools.us<mailto:nathan.sea...@owensboro.kyschools.us>>
 wrote:
I am working on creating custom forms for a K-12 environment. My goal is for
users to be able to associate documents with the Common Core Content
Standards.
There are several hundred of these, so a simple dropdown box won't do.
An example content association might be "W.8.4 - Produce clear and coherent
writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to
task, purpose, and audience."
Ideally, I would like the user to select "Writing" from a dropdown box then
select "8th Grade" then Select "4 - Produce clear and coherent writing in
which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task,
purpose, and audience."

Is there a way I could customize Dspace to handle something like this? I'm
open to other suggestions as well.
Thanks in advance,
Nathan Seaton
Owensboro Public Schools

Mark R. Diggory
@mire - www.atmire.com
2888 Loker Avenue East - Suite 305 - Carlsbad - CA - 92010
Esperantolaan 4 - Heverlee 3001 - Belgium