Dear DSpace and Fedora Communities -

Please see the update below about the Sponsor Program.

Thank you to all the institutions who have joined with us so far!

It is not too late to participate - please encourage your Library Directors to
support DuraSpace. To make it easier, see below for a link to our on-line
process.

Thank you -
Valorie Hollister
Director of Community Programs
DuraSpace
vhollis...@duraspace.org

Ithaca NY A few months ago, DuraSpace, an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit
organization, launched its 2011 Sponsorship Program to engage leaders from
university and library communities in supporting the common goal of ensuring
that our scholarly record of digital content and data is saved and accessible
for future generations.

Program Update
DuraSpace is pleased to report that we currently have 50 organizations that
have chosen to become sponsors this years. Of the 50 organizations
participating so far this year, 16 are new sponsors.
It is not too late to for your institution to make a difference. We invite any
organizations to make the decision to invest in our shared mission of the
preservation of our collective digital heritage. While we have $285,500 in
sponsorship money pledged so far and well on our way to our $350,000 goal, we
still need help to get there. Please consider joining with us at the Gold,
Silver, Bronze or, if you prefer, our new “Friend of DuraSpace” level. If your
organization uses Paypal, there is now an on-line process for becoming a
Sponsor. Otherwise, you can complete the Sponsor Form and email it to Valorie
Hollister, Director of Community Programs; vhollister[at]duraspace.org

Current 2011 Sponsors
Below is a list of the 2011 Sponsors to date. Please join with your colleagues!

GOLD
Arizona State University Libraries
Columbia University Libraries
Cornell University Library
Duke University
Indiana University Libraries: IUB Libraries, IUPUI Libraries, UITS Research
Technologies
Johns Hopkins University Libraries
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Libraries
North Carolina State University Libraries
Stanford University Libraries and Academic Information Resources
Texas Digital Library
Tufts University
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign / University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Michigan Library
University of Pittsburgh, University Library System
University of Toronto, Canada
University of Virginia Library
Virginia Tech Libraries

SILVER
Georgia Institute of Technology Library and Information Center
Harvard Library
Northwestern University
Rice University Library
SWITCH, Switzerland
The Ohio State University
University of Calgary, Canada
University of Guelph, Canada
University of Hull, Library and Learning Innovation, United Kingdom
University of Maryland
University of Minnesota Libraries
University of New South Wales, Australia
University of Prince Edward Island, Robertson Library, Canada
York University Libraries, Canada

BRONZE
Deakin University Library, Australia
Georgetown University, The University Library
Karolinska Institutet Library, Sweden
Lafayette College, David Bishop Skillman Library
Malmo University, Sweden
Marine Biological Laboratory Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Library
New York University
Northeastern University Libraries
TU Delft Library, The Netherlands
University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
University of Manitoba Libraries, Canada
University of Massachusetts/Amherst Libraries
University of Notre Dame
University of Technology Sydney Library, Australia
Utrecht University Library, The Netherlands
VU Amsterdam Library, The Netherlands
Youngstown State University

FRIENDS OF DURASPACE
George Mason University Libraries
Kansas State University Libraries

*Bold indicates the renewing Sponsors

About DuraSpace
DuraSpace is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. DuraSpace software and
services are used worldwide as solutions for open access, institutional
repositories, digital libraries, digital archives, data curation, virtual
research environments, and more.  DuraSpace provides leadership and innovation
in the use of open source and cloud-based technologies to serve libraries,
universities, research centers, cultural heritage institutions, and other
knowledge stewards.  The organization’s open source technology portfolio
includes the DSpace open access repository application and the Fedora open
repository platform. DuraSpace is the home of DuraCloud (http://DuraCloud.org),
an emerging cloud-based service that leverages existing cloud infrastructure to
enable durability and access to digital content.  The DuraSpace team includes
recognized leaders and experts in the management of digital information.  The
team works with an active and diverse international community committed to the
durability of digital resources.
The DuraSpace technology portfolio inherently addresses the issue of durability
of digital content.  Our values are expressed in our organizational byline,
“open technologies for durable digital content.”
Contact: Valorie Hollister, Director of Community Programs;
vhollister[at]duraspace.org