Hi Adam,

It looks like the error is saying you don't have a recent version of
Java (JDK) installed.

The prerequisite software for installing DSpace 1.7 is listed in the
official installation docs over at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC17/Installation#Installation-PrerequisiteSoftware

You'll especially want to check to make sure you have installed Oracle
Java JDK 6 or later.

Good luck,

- Tim