Lokesh,

I'm copying back in the dspace-tech listserv. Please send your
messages/questions to this mailing list. Posting your questions to the
mailing list ensures that others can help you resolve your problems
(which is extremely useful when it is a problem that others may have
encountered in the past).

Here's a few areas of documentation/guides you may wish to look at.
First, to be clear, there are two possible ways to do this, depending on
whether you are using JSPUI or XMLUI.

JSPUI Customization:
* Basics of customizing JSPUI:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/JSPUI+Configuration+and+Customization
* If you read the above page closely, it details which files you can
modify to customize the header/footer/navbar.  Those files can be found
in the /layout/ directory of the JSPUI webapp ([dspace]/webapps/jspui/).
  You can copy those files to your
[dspace-src]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/webapp/layout/ folder,
customize them, and rebuild DSpace.

XMLUI Customization:
* To customize the layout in the XMLUI, you'll want to customize the
*theme* that the XMLUI is using.  Basics on creating a new theme can be
found in the documentation at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/XMLUI+Configuration+and+Customization#XMLUIConfigurationandCustomization-CreatingaNewTheme

You also may find it helpful to learn more about utilizing Maven WAR
Overlays (the [dspace-src]/dspace/modules/* directories) to place your
customizations within.  This is optional, but it's a way to separate
your local customizations from the core DSpace codebase. For more info
see the documentation at:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Advanced+Customisation

In addition, see the talk "Making DSpace XMLUI Your Own" (which also
briefly covers JSPUI customizations):
http://www.slideshare.net/tdonohue/making-dspace-xmlui-your-own

If you have other specific questions, we'd be glad to help.  Just email
the dspace-tech listserv, so that we can provide you with additional
hints & tips!

- Tim