Hi helix84,

I'd be in support of a patch that actually enabled things like a "lock
icon" in the UI next to items/bitstreams which require a login or
special access rights. That seems like something that should obviously
be part of DSpace out-of-the-box, but unfortunately it isn't yet.

So, yea, I think this sounds like a good addition to DSpace. I'd
encourage you to submit a Jira ticket & pull request so that we can get
the discussion started & see if it could be part of 3.0 in the Fall.

- Tim