On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Jose Blanco <blan...@umich.edu> wrote:
> I'm working on adding the advanced search option to the collection and
> community view in Mirage.  I don't see a real easy way to do this.  If
> anyone has done it or has a few clues, please pass them on.

Hi Jose,

I just tested it with Discovery turned on. It can be done.

You can restrict search by adding a scope parameter:
/discover?scope=123456789/123

So you have 2 options:
1) Add a link like this
2) Add 2 radio buttons and a submit button

The first option will force users to do advanced search only within
the current container. They'll still be able to use the sidebar link
for site-wide search. The second option gives them choice of search
scope.

On a related note - if you notice, there already is an Advanced search
link in the sidebar. But when you choose the "This collection" radio
button and click the "Advanced search" link, it will present "All of
DSpace" in the listbox by default. I think I'll fix this by converting
the link to a submit button.

Regards,
~~helix84