if/when we release one.

--Hardy

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 21, 2012, at 10:44 PM, "Kevin Gunn"
<k.g...@aims.gov.au<mailto:k.g...@aims.gov.au>> wrote:

Hi,

Upon further investigation I can see this class is now in dspace-api. Still not
sure why the test failed out of the box. Does anyone else experience this test
case failure on maven package of the dspace-api?

Cheers
Kevin

From: Kevin Gunn
Sent: Monday, 22 October 2012 1:17 PM
To:
'dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>'
Subject: dspace-discovery missing from GIT clone of V3.0rc2

Hi,

I have just cloned DSpace tag 3.0rc1 to test and can’t get the build to happen.
It’s failing on the dspace-api build on test cases. Specifically that the
defaultConfiguration class used in the spring configuration is missing. I then
noticed that I didn’t have a dspace-discovery module anymore, as compared to
V1.8.2, and it doesn’t seem to be declared as a dependency anymore.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to startup the DSpace Service Manager:
failure starting up spring service manager: Error creating bean with name
'org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoveryConfigurationService' defined in
file
[C:\_work\GitHub\DSpace\dspace-api\target\classes\spring\spring-dspace-addon-discovery-configuration-services.xml]:
 Cannot resolve reference to bean 'defaultConfiguration' while setting bean
property 'map' with key [TypedStringValue: value [default], target type
[null]]; nested exception is
with name 'defaultConfiguration' defined in file
[C:\_work\GitHub\DSpace\dspace-api\target\classes\spring\spring-dspace-addon-discovery-configuration-services.xml]:
 Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedException: Failed to convert
property value of type 'java.util.ArrayList' to required type 'java.util.List'
for property 'sidebarFacets'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type
[org.dspace.discovery.configuration.SidebarFacetConfiguration] to required type
[org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet] for property
'sidebarFacets[0]': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
                at
org.dspace.servicemanager.DSpaceServiceManager.startup(DSpaceServiceManager.java:224)

I’m new to GIT and GITHUB so maybe I did something wrong on the clone/checkout
from github?? Should I be seeing the dspace-discovery module in a tag 3.0rc2
checkout?

Using Intellij and its GIT/GITHUB plug-in, but just browsing GITHUB doesn’t
show dspace-discovery either.

Cheers
Kevin

The information contained within this transmission is for the
use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged material and/or material the subject
of copyright and/or personal information and/or sensitive
information that is subject to the Privacy Act 1988. Any review,
re-transmission, disclosure, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify the AIMS Privacy Officer on (07) 4753 4444 and delete
all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.