Hi
Dspace 1.6 and  1.8  and..
I was trying  to validate   the Mets.xml file generated with the mets
packager   packager -e  xxx -d -i xxxx  -t METS  C    etc...

The validation gives the following error:
<message subMessage="Line = xx, Column =xx"
severity="error">cvc-complex-type.2.3: Element 'mods:relatedItem' cannot
have character [children], because the type's content type is
element-only.</message>
(validation tried with jhove 1.7 and
http://www.corefiling.com/opensource/schemaValidate.html, the same error)

That (in my interpretation) says that the referenced line in the
mets.xml file:
<mods:relatedItem type="otherFormat">Disponible también la reproducción
digital</mods:relatedItem>

following the schema  MODS 3.1   in
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3
http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-3-1.xsd";>
  must say?
<mods:relatedItem type="otherFormat"></mods:relatedItem>

Any suggestion?
Thanks
Emilio