If you are talking about the "Collection's Authorizations", I have it done -
both 2007 and 2012 collections have the same permissions.

Another thing I noted is that, I get the below log in the back end while I try
to access and download the journal from 2007 collection.

2013-05-27 11:46:49,476 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet @
anonymous:session_id=93361DF73BB0183A3CE80307A83DDFA9:ip_addr=10.10.100.1:view_item:handle=123456789/44
2013-05-27 11:46:55,042 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.BitstreamServlet @
anonymous:session_id=93361DF73BB0183A3CE80307A83DDFA9:ip_addr=10.10.100.1:view_bitstream:bitstream_id=71

But when I try to access and download the 2012 journal I get only the below log:

2013-05-27 11:48:41,806 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet @
anonymous:session_id=93361DF73BB0183A3CE80307A83DDFA9:ip_addr=10.10.100.1:view_item:handle=123456789/362

Ribin Jones S.B
Scientist
IT LAB, Knowledge Resource Centre
CSIR - NIIST (National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology),
Govt. of India
Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram - 695019
Kerala, India
www.niist.res.in
Mob: +91 9895226242