Hi Ibrahim

Please check all the notes about Gmail here:
http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Prepare_Ubuntu/S07

Regards

hg

On 28 May 2013 10:38, Ibrahim Bounhas <bounhas.ibra...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> We are installing dspace in La Manouba University, Tunisia. We have
> problems configuring the email. Bellow the settings:
>

> ##### Email settings ######
> # SMTP mail server
> mail.server = smtp.gmail.com
> # SMTP mail server authentication username and password (if required)
> mail.server.username = dspaceISDnoreply
> mail.server.password = dspaceisd
> # SMTP mail server alternate port (defaults to 25)
> # mail.server.port = 25
> # From address for mail
> mail.from.address = dspaceisdnore...@gmail.com
> # Currently limited to one recipient!
> feedback.recipient = dspaceisdnore...@gmail.com
>
> # General site administration (Webmaster) e-mail
> mail.admin = dspaceisdnore...@gmail.com
> # Recipient for server errors and alerts
> alert.recipient = dspaceisdnore...@gmail.com
> # Recipient for new user registration emails
> registration.notify = dspaceisdnore...@gmail.com
> # Set the default mail character set. This may be over ridden by providing
> a line
> # inside the email template "charset: <encoding>", otherwise this default
> is used.
> #mail.charset = UTF-8
> # A comma separated list of hostnames that are allowed to refer browsers
> to email forms.
> # Default behaviour is to accept referrals only from dspace.hostname
> mail.allowed.referrers = serveuret
> # Pass extra settings to the Java mail library. Comma separated, equals
> sign between
> # the key and the value.
> mail.extraproperties = mail.smtp.socketFactory.port=465, \
> mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true, \
> mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory, \
> mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback=false
> # An option is added to disable the mailserver. By default, this property
> is set to false
> # By setting mail.server.disabled = true, DSpace will not send out emails.
> # It will instead log the subject of the email which should have been sent
> # This is especially useful for development and test environments where
> production data is used when testing functionality.
> #mail.server.disabled = false
> # Default language for metadata values
> default.language = en_US

> When an author tries tro subscribe to our repository, the registration
> page takes a lot of time and then displays "internal system error". In the
> log fiile, we find the following exception:
> "Exception reading response"
>
> Can you please help us
> Thank you
>
> *Ibrahim Bounhas*
> *Computer Science, Arabic IR & NLP *
> Higher Institute of Documentation <http://www.isd.rnu.tn/fr/>
> La Manouba University, Tunisia <http://www.uma.rnu.tn/index.php?code=5>
> + Rose of Hope Association <https://www.facebook.com/assoc.rose.espoir>
> Scholar <http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Kcnf37wAAAAJ&hl=fr> |
> [...]

*Hilton Gibson*
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library
Room 1025C
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
http://library.sun.ac.za
http://scholar.sun.ac.za
http://ar1.sun.ac.za
http://aj1.sun.ac.za