Hi,

I'm in the process of implementing a DSpace v3.1 DEV system with a view to
migrating our live service from v1.6.2 once all our local customisations etc
are complete in v3.1.

The next task on my list is to re-implement the "Request a copy" add-on
(https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/RequestCopy) which we've been using
successfully in our live system since its earliest days.

When we moved to v1.6.2 there wasn't a version of the add-on available for that
version of DSpace, so I just "mucked about" with the original version of the
add-on until I got it working in v1.6.2.

Now I'm moving to v3.1 I note that on the Wiki page for the Addon it says:

Available soon for DSpace 3.

- so first question is, is anyone actively working on this, and, if so, is
there an ETA for it (days, weeks, months)? If there is work on-going, it goes
without saying that I'd be happy to help if I can (although I probably know
just about enough to be dangerous ;-) )

If it is not on the immediate horizon, I'm happy to have a go at getting one of
the earlier versions working in v3 - my first thought is just to try and get
"my" current version of the add-on (originally for DSpace v1.3, then reworked
locally for v1.6.2) working in v3.1 as it includes a number of minor tweaks to
the original behaviour, but perhaps I should be "starting from scratch" with v3
of the Addon (intended for DSpace v1.8.2) . . . . (?)

Does anyone have any experience implementing this Addon in DSpace v3(.1)? If
so, did you migrate from an existing implementation or start from scratch with
the latest version of the add-on?

Anyone know of any good reason not to simply re-implement the version I have
working in v1.6.2 in v3.1 (e.g. it won't work because of database change X that
came in v1.7/8; the latest version is much better because it includes feature
X, etc) . . .

Just thought I'd ask before heading down a road that might take me nowhere,
especially if others have already blazed a trail elsewhere that I can follow :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Liaison and Development (eLD)
Information Services
S8, Library
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.stir.ac.uk/is/staff/about/teams/aldt/#eld

--
The University of Stirling is ranked in the top 50 in the world in The Times
Higher Education 100 Under 50 table, which ranks the world's best 100