Do most DSpace installations use DSpace with standalone Tomcat or Apache webserver with a connector to Tomcat?

I think that Most installations use standalone Tomcat, but because most installations are small and medium repositories (¿less than 50,000 items?) as you can view in opendoar b.e. As the size grows, more probably you will find Apache connected to Tomcat. I think it´s a matter of avaliability of highly trained technical people, maturity of the installation, functionality provided by apache...etc.

Emilio